Monday, January 3, 2011

Mystery Man

Mystery Man, Mystery Man
Walk on by, pay me no heed.
Look into my eyes and through
gut me with your pretensions.

Mystery Man refuse me.
Mystery Man abuse me.

Deny me Mystery man,
before your carbon copies.
Use your fancy words.
Dance your intellectual loops.

Drop your acid.

Down your booze.

Fuck your skin cancer whores

Read Kafka and Palahniuk,
feeling troubled in your room.
Kill yourself a little more,
drag that Marlboro red.

Describe your life in metaphors.
Tread carefully around clichés.
Don't let your clones know,
you are just as human as they.

Worship Dylan and live by E.Smith.
Pick up that guitar. Strum. Strum. Strum.
Quick, spill your pain to the weak, Mystery Man.


-M. Anderson (written some time when I was in the 9th grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment